The Elite Studio Recording Interface is used when recording and setting up a Simu-live event or On-Demand Recording. This article covers what the Elite Studio Recording Interface looks like and how to set up the event by uploading slides, setting up poll questions, etc.
To set up the event, you must be logged in as Producer.
Find more information on using Elite Studio during the live event here.
If you're looking for information on recording in the original Elite Presentations, find it here.
Things to Know
- Simu-live webcasts MUST be recorded AND published at least TWO HOURS before the scheduled start time. ALL CHANGES must be made prior to this, including changing the start date/time, recording elements, choosing Rollover to Live audio, etc.
The Elite Studio Recording Interface DOES NOT HAVE backwards compatibility with PMXD/Elite Presentations.
- This means if a Simu-live event is created in Elite Presentations/PMXD but has not gone live BEFORE you enable the Elite Studio Recording Interface, you will need to recreate the event in the Elite Studio Recording Interface. Media from PMXD will not properly convert and play in the Elite Studio Recording Interface.
To access the Elite Studio Recording Interface, click on Launch from the event Overview page or use the Present URL.
When logging in to record a Simu-live webinar or On-Demand Recording, choose the appropriate role based on the responsibilities listed below.
- Add and organize the Storyboard elements - slides, video clips, polls, and URLs
- Record audio to storyboard elements
- Publish the presentation once all recording has been done
- Start and stop the recording
- Use the Timeline tools and the Clip Bin to organize the recordings
- Note: You can have multiple people logged in as a Producer, but only one can be the active Producer. Only the active Producer will have access to Record and Edit in the timeline. You can switch the active Producer using the link next to their name in the Presenters window.
Record audio to storyboard elements when connected at the same time as a Producer
Once logged in, the system will automatically connect your microphone.
Elite Studio Recording Interface Toolbar
- Click here to update your PC microphone and input volume
- Access any notes added to each PowerPoint slide before loading it into the webcast.
- Allows you to pull up the following tools: Setup, Team Chat, Presenters, Preview, Clip Bin (if recording in ESRI), or Media Player (if Presenter Media is used or an event has been imported)
- After uploading and recording, publish the presentation to see it
- Allows you to see the presentation from the audience perspective
Elite Studio Recording Interface Tools
The following tools will display in the right panel of the Elite Studio Recording Interface. You can access them from the Menu.
The Presenters tool allows you to see who is logged into the platform to record. You can mute presenters here if necessary. You can also switch the active Producer. Find more information in this article.
The Main Stage provides a Presentation View window that allows you to see your Storyboard. Hover to find the toggle between Live View and Storyboard view.
The Live View shows you which element is currently selected in the Storyboard.
Use the navigation arrows at the bottom to move through the Storyboard. If your slide has animations, hover to see the number of animations on the slide.
The Storyboard view allows you to see the entire Storyboard and select elements. Click on the kebab menu to toggle the Storyboard on.
Clicking an element adds a Go to Marker button, allowing you to jump to that marker in the Timeline.
Event Setup (Producer Only)
To begin, Producers will need to upload elements to the Storyboard.
Click on the menu in the top corner and choose Setup to open the Storyboard editor.
The Storyboard is the roadmap of your presentation. It contains all the uploaded elements.
Uploading and Managing Slides
- Note: Every Simu-live must have one slide uploaded to stream and archive properly. If you don't intend to show slides, you can remove the Slides tool from the console, but do not hide the slide in the Storyboard.
- Uploading and Managing Video Clips
Creating and Managing Polls
- We recommend recording at least 30 seconds of audio (which can be silent) to each poll question to provide plenty of time for attendees to answer.
- As a best practice, set the poll question to display in the Slide Window instead of the pop-up to prevent interference from pop-up blockers.
- Creating and Managing URLs
- Upload an mp4 of your presentation to match with your Storyboard
- Reuse a previously run event - the presenter media and the Storyboard from the original event will be carried over with the original timings.