Make it easy for your registrants to check in at an in-person event by providing a QR code in their email confirmations when they register for Hybrid events. Badges can be printed at home or scanned from the email link. This QR code can be scanned by your team at the venue to mark attendees as having attended a specific event, providing you with accurate in-person attendance data.
Note: Submit a support ticket to turn on the ability to scan badges at the venue.
Things to Know
- The Badge Scanner for venue staff will list all recent events marked as Hybrid in Webcast Elite.
- QR Codes are unique to every registrant and event pairing. If a registrant registers for multiple events within the same Webcast Elite account, they will receive a unique QR code for each event.
- That said, the QR codes are interoperable within the same account - if a user registers for Event 1 and receives a QR code, they can use that code to register for Event 2 (as long as Event 2 is in the same Webcast Elite account) on-site at the event.
- QR codes are NOT interoperable across sub-accounts. A QR code will only work for events within the same account where the QR code was created from.
- QR Codes do not expire.
- In order for the event to display within the dropdown the below two items must be true:
- Event start date/time must not be greater than 12 hours in the past
- Event start date/time must not be greater than 7 day into the future
- Find more information on setting up email confirmations with the QR code in the Hybrid Mode article
Checking in Registrants
Provide your venue team the Badge Scanner URL. The Badge Scanner URL will be found with the other event URLs for Hybrid events.
Pull up the URL on a mobile device, select the event from the dropdown, then click Start Scanning. The app must be allowed access to the device's camera.
At the event, registrants will show the QR code in their confirmation email to your venue team.
The QR code can be printed out or scanned from the email.
Note: Use the email token during event setup to provide registrants with the QR code.
Using the device's rear camera, the scanner app will read the QR code and check the registrant in.
Notifications on the screen will let you know if a registrant is successfully checked in, if they have already checked in using this QR code, or if the code is invalid.
You can also see the event name and an attendee counter.
Click on the counter to pull up a list of those that have been checked in to the event using the current device. Use the search bar to quickly find a registrant.
A full list of registrants who checked in with a QR code will be available in the Webcast Intelligence report.
To change the event you are scanning, click on the browser's back button to return to the dropdown screen.