FAQs about the Salesforce Prospect Engagement Profile Component App integration.
Table of Contents
- Who can use the Salesforce PEP app?
- Does the Salesforce PEP Component App solution support customers using the ON24 EU data center?
- Do we need to create any custom fields for prior to installing the PEP Component App?
- Why am I seeing contact and lead records with blank profiles?
- Why am I seeing an error within the PEP visualforce page?
- How to run a backfill
Who can use the Salesforce Pep app?
Any customer who uses Salesforce Sales Cloud.
Does the Salesforce PEP Component App solution support customers using the ON24 EU data center?
Do we need to create any custom fields for prior to installing the PEP Component App?
No, installing the app will create all components offered for you.
Why am I seeing contact and lead records with blank profiles?
- If the contact or lead hasn't attended a webinar for at least one minute, they will not have a profile.
- The app syncs the Prospect Engagement Profile with the leads and contacts using their email address. However, the app cannot resolve when there are duplicate emails, so none of the contacts or leads that have duplicates will contain a profile.
Why am I seeing an error within the PEP visualforce page?
- If you are experiencing errors in the PEP visualforce page, this could mean a number of things. First check that the API Access Token is still active and the individual's Platform User in ON24 Elite is still active. The API Access Token is linked to the email address of the Platform User who create the token, so when their user is removed, the API Access Token becomes invalid.
- If the Access Token is still valid, log a case with Integrations Support.
How to run a backfill
Log into Salesforce.
Press the 9 dot icon.
Select "ON24 Connector."
Go to Settings.
You should see an image similar to the one below.
Fill in the "Synchronize Historical Data" section. Backfills can be ran in batches of 3 months, and can go back up to 2 years.
If asked to re-enter the Access Token, Secret Token, and Client Id, then obtain that information from your API dashboard (find more information on your dashboard here). Your Client id is unique to your account. It is not 12345.