This page covers how to design the look and feel of your registration page in Webcast Elite using the legacy options, including branding your page with banners and text colors and styles, adding promotional summaries for your webcast, and choosing the layout of your page.
Important: Starting December 1st, when building a new event or copying an old event, only the new registration page layouts will be available. All events created in your account before December 1st will use the legacy registration page layouts without issue. This change applies to events created after this date.
We recommend that, as a best practice, you update any existing event templates with legacy registration page layouts to the new version.
Switching to the New UI
Setting up a registration and lobby page with the new admin UI is almost identical to setting up a page with the legacy UI. The biggest difference is where all the settings are located. The updated admin UI also offers a few new design abilities. Here is a list of the changes with the new UI:
Settings, Security, and Design options are now in dropdowns at the top
- You can preview your registration page as you build it out
- Videos can be added
- Use background images to further brand your pages
- Speaker Bio images should be 500px by 500px square now, to show correctly (same as the legacy Carousel layout option)
- For two-column layouts, a Small Speaker Bios toggle is available to display bios in a smaller, streamlined format
- Banners should be 1920px wide (same as the legacy Carousel layout option)
Select the Registration tab on the left navigation menu. Then under the Page Design section, choose the Modern option.
When you select the Modern tile, the platform will automatically convert your legacy registration page to the corresponding layout in the new UI.
When you switch to a new registration layout, you will see the default styling for these layouts kick in. Use the Settings to make changes as necessary to match your previous registration and lobby pages. You can find information on setting up registration/lobby pages using the updated UI in this article.
After December 1, 2023
No existing events will be changed. New layouts will only come into play when you create a new event or copy an event (no matter what the registration layout was in the original event).
When you create a new event or make a copy of an event with legacy setup (this also applies to any registration template saved in a workspace):
- Legacy two-column left/right updates to corresponding New two-column left/right layouts
- Legacy one-column updates to Carousel
Page Layout Options
The rest of this article covers how to set up the LEGACY registration page design options available until the end of September and is only available if:
- If your account has a Registration Template that was previously set to one of the legacy column options.
- You have submitted a Technical Support request or reached out to your CSM and asked to have the legacy options turned on.
- This is the default layout.
- The carousel will rotate through the Promotional Summary and the Speaker Bios every 10 seconds.
- Hovering over the carousel will pause advancing.
- Hovering over the speaker image will also overlay the speaker bio text
- This layout provides the ability to update the background style and text
Two Column Layouts
- These are legacy layouts
- The static, split-page format will show the Promotional Summary and the Speaker Bio information on one side and the registration fields on the other.
- The Promotional Summary will be scaled to 495 px wide.
One Column Layout
- This is a legacy layout
- The static format shows all registration design features stacked on top of each other.
- The order is predetermined and cannot be updated.
Designing the Page
After deciding which layout to use, choose which options and branding you want to add. Options are available for all layouts unless otherwise noted.
Adding a Banner
- Use the Upload Banner section to add, remove, or change the banner
- Supported file formats: JPG, PNG, GIF
- Recommended size:
- Carousel - 1920 pixels wide, but larger widths may be uploaded to accommodate higher screen resolutions
- Legacy layouts - 990 px wide and 100 px high
- The banner will display on both the Registration and Lobby pages
- Hover over the banner image to see the last updated date and filename
- Add text, images, and links to display on the Registration and Lobby pages.
- Edit the summary in either Rich Text or HTML (via the Source button)
- Use Tokens to add webcast specific information
- Content can be created within this tool or copied and pasted from other source documents.
- The Lobby page summary can be customized to read differently from the Registration page summary.
- To customize the Lobby page, check the Customized Promotional Summary for Lobby Page box and click the Promotional Summary Editor for Lobby Page link.
Edit Background Style
- Note: This option is only available for the Carousel layout.
- Click on Edit Background Style to update the page background
- Choose a color (single or gradient), a pattern, or an image from the selection available
- Customize the colors and designs using the color pickers
Edit Text Style
- Note: This option is only available for the Carousel layout.
- Click on Edit Text Style to change the font and color of the text
- The text overlay for the speaker bio will not change - this will always display in white
Edit Button Style
- Choose a color model for the Register and Login buttons on the Registration and Lobby pages.
- You can define the color for the button, border, and text
Include Overview of the Webcast
- The Overview will automatically generate webcast details, including the title, date, time, and duration.
- Available On-Demand will display for on-demand webcasts instead of a date and time.
- To remove the overview, uncheck the box.
- Note: The overview will only display the timezone you selected when creating the webcast. If you want to display multiple timezones, manually add them to the Promotional Summary.
Include Speaker Bio(s)
- Check the box to include speaker information on the Registration and Lobby pages.
- The speaker information will carry over from the Speaker Bio built on the Audience Console.
Include Section Headers
- Note: This option can only be updated when using single-column or two-column layouts.
- Click to update the color, font, and text size of the headers
- Uncheck the box to remove the titles from the Registration and Lobby pages
Include Social Sharing Icons
- Allow your registrants to share your webcast with their social network
- Upon click, users will be automatically directed to the Audience URL for the webinar
- Social sharing icons will be added to both Registration and Lobby pages
- All four icons (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Email) will be visible if the box is checked - this option cannot be configured to show only a portion of the icons
- Edit the color of the icons to match your branding
- Click on the preview to see how your pages will look for your audience
- The Lobby page will be displayed after a user has registered and has a cookie on their system. This page is a holding place for your audience.