This article can help you decide what end system to integrate with.
Why Capture ON24 Engagement Data
ON24 Connect allows all the rich, first-person insights generated by each experience to be integrated into an ecosystem of third-party applications, including marketing automation platforms and CRM systems. This can allow you to deliver actionable insights to:
- Enrich your marketing with engagement insights
- Extend your automation workflow with integrated data
- Optimize your personalization and performance
- Identify prospects with higher propensity to convert
- Build purposeful and coordinated engagement
General Technical Considerations
- Supported End Systems – Here are the end systems that can integrate with ON24. If your end system is not on the list, then consider building a custom data integration leveraging our REST API.
- How It Works – Before making a commitment, ensure you understand how the data integration works with your end system and the data you’ll receive. Do you have the right system version (i.e., HubSpot Professional vs. HubSpot Enterprise) to collect the data? Do you have access to all the objects or entities? Go to the Connect Knowledge Center Home Page and click on the end system for more information. If the data integration does not meet your expectations, consider alternative integrations.
- Benefits – Here are the benefits for integrating your end system with ON24. For more specific benefit details by end system, go to the Connect Knowledge Center Home Page, click on the end system, and click on the “benefits” page.
Questions to Raise
- What data do you really need, why, and how will you be using it?
- Who needs to see the data at your company? Are there enough licenses available for them to view it?
- Do you want your Marketing Automation System to qualify the leads before it enters the CRM?
- How does registration impact the way the integration processes the data?
- How will you calculate the ON24 ROI? If you use Salesforce as your CRM, consider leveraging the Salesforce PEP Component App.
Non-ON24 System Integrations to Salesforce Sales Cloud
Customers often ask if they should add an additional integration to Salesforce, such as Marketo-to-Salesforce integrations. Based on our experience, the following outlines our official recommendations and best practices with these scenarios
- Eloqua can sync with Salesforce. As a result, a single setup for ON24-to-Eloqua data integration is recommended.
- Use the Salesforce Integration App to set up the bi-directional sync between Eloqua and Salesforce. This Integrating Eloqua with Salesforce article explains how it works. Please note Salesforce data is prioritized as the system of record and takes first priority. It is recommended that your Salesforce Admin, Eloqua Admin, and Oracle implementation services work together to set up this sync.
HubSpot-to-Salesforce integration - HubSpot can sync to Salesforce, as well as the custom object data.
HubSpot Enterprise customers
- A single setup for the ON24-to-HubSpot data integration is recommended because HubSpot Enterprise customers have access to the custom object.
- To set up the sync, you can use the app in the HubSpot Marketplace that is used to sync HubSpot to Salesforce, and vice versa. Here is the HubSpot-Salesforce Integration article that explains how it works. Generally, the integration is setup with several prompts that your Admins would step through to install the app. Thus, it is not required to open a HubSpot case for the installation, unless you need further assistance. Your HubSpot and Salesforce Admins need to work together to make sure the installation of the app is setup properly.
- HubSpot Professional customers – We recommend the ON24-to-HubSpot and ON24-to-Salesforce data integrations, because HubSpot Professional customers do not have access to the custom object.
- HubSpot Enterprise customers
Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (Pardot)-to-Salesforce integration
- Recommendation – We recommend an ON24-to-Marketing Cloud Account Engagement, as well as ON24-to-Salesforce data integration. If only one is allowed, move forward with ON24-to-Salesforce.
- Marketing Cloud Account Engagement can sync with Salesforce. ON24 passes fields that carry the eventid, enabling Salesforce lists to be created.
- Reasons why customers may want an ON24-to-Marketing Cloud Account Engagement integration, as well as an ON24-to-Salesforce integration.
- Salesforce has the ability to hold ON24 engagement data, whereas this can’t be done in Pardot.
- Salesforce can include the Engagement Score of your attendees, whereas this can’t be done in Pardot.
- Using Salesforce reports is important to help establish ROI and KPI.
Recommendation – ON24-to-Marketo, as well as ON24-to-Salesforce.
- Registration data can be passed from Marketo to Salesforce. The program members found in Marketo can be used to create campaign members in Salesforce.
- Use the Marketo Lead Management App to set up the sync between Marketo and Salesforce. The Marketo sync with Salesforce runs all the time with only 5 minutes wait steps between each run. The sync is also bi-directional only for leads, contacts, and Salesforce campaigns. All other syncs are from Salesforce to Marketo only.
- Attendee data - Attendee data cannot be passed from Marketo to Salesforce. ON24 places the attendee data in a custom object in order to update the program member statuses and scoring. However, Marketo custom objects cannot be synced to Salesforce due to technical incompatibilities between the systems. In order to obtain any attendee activity in Salesforce, a data integration between ON24 and Salesforce via TIBCO is required.
- Marketo registration – Marketo registration can be used to create program members immediately when someone registers, whereas program members are not created immediately with ON24 registration. You must wait for the integration to run. Furthermore, campaign members can be created in Salesforce through a sync that is native between Marketo and Salesforce. Contact Marketo for more information.
- Registration data
- Recommendation – ON24-to-Marketo, as well as ON24-to-Salesforce.