Table of Contents
- Does the Salesforce Sales Cloud data integration solution support customers using the ON24 EU data center?
- Is this integration an App that gets installed within Salesforce?
- Who will build the integration?
- Does the Salesforce user that connects Salesforce to Scribe have to be an Admin?
- Do we need to create custom fields for all the data points available on the API spreadsheet?
- What is the difference between a Salesforce TIBCO Scribe data integration vs. the Salesforce Prospect Engagement Profile App?
- What are the recommended ON24 state guidelines if our Salesforce uses 2 digit state codes to recognize state values?
- What are the best practices to ensure there are no country state validation errors?
- How are duplicate email addresses handled?
Does the Salesforce Sales Cloud data integration solution support customers using the ON24 EU data center?
Is this integration an App that gets installed within Salesforce?
Our Salesforce Sales Cloud integration is not a direct app available within the Salesforce marketplace. We use a third-party middleware connector (Tibco Scribe) which will query the data from ON24 and then push the event, registrant and attendee data into Salesforce through our standard integration build and mapping.
Who will build the integration?
ON24 will build out the integration, however there are action items for both teams from start to finish. As part of the integration setup, we will invite your designated person(s) to create a Scribe account. We will then work with your designated person(s) through the configuration and testing phases to make sure the mapping is flowing correctly from the ON24 into Salesforce. Your team would be responsible for connecting the Salesforce connection within Tibco Scribe, creating the custom fields on your objects, providing us the finalized spreadsheet of the aligned mapped fields and validating the data during testing that we send over is accurate.
Does the Salesforce user that connects Salesforce to Scribe have to be an Admin?
No, the user only needs access to standard Salesforce objects with Create, Read and Update permissions for the Contact and Lead objects. If this user is a standard user or marketing user, please ensure the user has the "Marketing User" checkbox selected.
Do we need to create custom fields for all the data points available on the API spreadsheet?
No, we have included the API Data Excel spreadsheet, which lists the required and recommended fields. To download it, go to the set up instructions and scroll down to the bottom of the page. The decision to map any other data points is entirely up to your organization and its reporting needs. In addition, you can request for us to map new fields at any time by opening a Support Case.
What is the difference between a Salesforce TIBCO Scribe data integration vs. the Salesforce Prospect Engagement Profile App?
- TIBCO Scribe is the data integration solution used to pass ON24 data to the Salesforce Sales Cloud end system.
- Once the data is passed, engagement data (attendee level data) is stored in the Salesforce Campaign Member object. (Ex: "pollquestions, surveyquestions, ctaclicks, etc.")
- The Salesforce Prospect Engagement Profile (PEP) URL field, which is "userprofileurl," can be passed as part of the data integration. This field is most often included on the Salesforce Contact or Lead entity since this URL never changes for that specific record (email address) in ON24. When the URL is clicked, the end-user is taken to the Webcast Elite's Prospect Engagement Profile page. See image below. An ON24 license is required to view this page. For end-users who do not have a Webcast Elite license, ON24 can whitelist your company's domain. However, those end-users will not be able to see PII data, such as first name and last name.
Salesforce PEP App
- The Salesforce PEP App provides optimal viewing of engagement data within a Salesforce Visualforce page. In other words, it will take the Prospect Engagement Profile page (see image above) and embed it on the contact or lead record in Salesforce ONLY for existing leads or contacts.
- To view this data in Salesforce, the end-users do not need ON24 Webcast Elite licenses.
- To view this data in Salesforce, go to the existing contact or lead (i.e., Jane Doe). Notice the "ON24 Prospect Engagement" section (which is a Visual Force page) is setup during the app installation steps. Please note this is the same information as shown in the image above. However, you are unable to add reports on the specific data or tie that contact or lead to a campaign since the data appends on the contact or lead record. If you want to go this route, you would have to leverage the Salesforce Sales Cloud TIBCO integration option.
- The fields passed for the data integration is done within TIBCO Scribe. Although, the Salesforce PEP app has a few fields that aren't passed through TIBCO Scribe such as:
- Total Engagement Time (Combined liveminutes + archiveminutes)
- Total Touches
- Meeting conversations
- Recommended Content
- Customers who integrate with Pardot, Eloqua, Marketo, and other end systems can benefit from the Salesforce Prospect Engagement Profile App.
What are the recommended ON24 state guidelines if our Salesforce uses 2 digit state codes to recognize state values?
ON24’s registration page includes a “state” field for USA and Canadian registrants. The state/province is spelled out (i.e., California, Florida, etc.). If your Salesforce org is setup to support 2 digits (i.e., CA, FL, etc.), then you will need to log into Webcast Elite, go to the event, add a custom field in the registration page, add a drop-down type field, and manually enter the 2 digits per state in the Choice 1, 2, 3, etc. fields. If you would like assistance with this, please contact your Customer Success Manager to explore a Professional Service team consultation engagement.
What are the best practices to ensure there are no country state validation errors?
Please remove the Country State validation in the lead object under validation rules in Salesforce. Unfortunately, Scribe has issues putting the State and Country in the correct order, which is supposed to be Country first and then State next. If you are unable to remove the Country State validation, then setup an integration user in Salesforce if one is not provided to bypass the validation rule. Follow the instructions here.
How are duplicate email addresses handled? For example, multiple people may share the same email address in Salesforce.
The data integration will match on the first record it comes across. According to some tests performed by our customers, the first created email address was the one the data integration came across. However, every Salesforce instance is different and we recommend you perform your own tests. In addition to duplicates, please be aware of fuzzy matches. "Fuzzy matching will return a match when two fields are alike (similar)." For example, Salesforce may believe Lead A and Lead B are the same person because they have similar email addresses and share the same first and last names. ON24 does not have a workaround solution for it, as it's driven by Salesforce. Source: https://www.salesforceben.com/what-are-fuzzy-matches-in-salesforce-deduplication/