We are excited to publish the next release of ON24 Forums.
DECEMBER 2022 RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS
We are excited to deliver another release with new features and enhancements across the experience portfolio. Below are a few key release highlights for each product.
- New Pass the Mic Functionality: This new feature allows you to promote your attendees to video from listen-only mode to encourage greater discussion.
- Attendee Screenshare: Presenters can now allow screenshare access to any ON24 Forums attendee running their browser on a desktop computer to allow for better access to content in real-time.
Pass the Mic (Attendee Mode: Request to Join on Camera)
We’re excited to release new functionality within ON24 Forums that allows you to promote your attendees to the video conference from listen-only mode to create an opportunity for more interactive discussion.
You can start the Forum with only the presenters on video, and during the Forum, attendees can raise their hand and request to be promoted to the video conference.
To get started:
- Create a Forum with “Request to join on camera” as the attendee mode.
- All attendees will join in listen-only mode and need to raise their hand to request to be promoted onto the video conference.
- The presenter team can accept or deny the attendee request. If accepted, the attendee will be promoted onto the video conference.
- The presenter team can choose to demote the promoted attendees at any time.
- The ability to promote mobile attendees to video is not yet supported. For Pass the Mic type Forum events, mobile devices will be limited to listen-only mode. We will add mobile support for Pass the Mic in a follow-up release.
- Note: Pass the Mic/Request to Join on Camera is only available if your account has the most updated version of our responsive console.
Allow Attendee Screenshare
Presenters can now allow screenshare access to any ON24 Forums attendee running their browser on a desktop computer. Note that all attendees will join with screenshare disabled.
To allow access for an individual attendee, hover over the (…) menu next to their name in the attendee list and choose Allow Screenshare. This will enable the screenshare icon in their video window.
Only Moderators joined via the Audience Console will be able to allow attendees to share screens.
Note: Screenshare is not supported on mobile devices or desktop Safari browsers v15 and older.
Display Title and Company
You can now choose to display attendees’ title and company in the attendee list. Make sure to enable the option in the Forum Advanced Settings and add the Title and Company fields to the registration page.
Notify a User to Connect Their Microphone
We now have notifications within the ON24 Forums video window that show when an attendee has blocked access to their microphone.
The user will have a red icon next to their name with a tool tip on hover for all attendees to see. This will alert all presenters and attendees that the attendee can hear them but cannot speak to them.
In addition, if the user with the blocked microphone attempts to unmute, they will see a message that informs them that their camera and mic access are blocked and that they need to go into their browser settings to unblock.
Miscellaneous Enhancements and Fixes
- For the best performance, we do not recommend using Firefox when presenting or attending an ON24 Forum.
- Users who do not have Safari browser 15 will need to update to the latest version of Safari or use another supported browser in order to share their screen on their desktop.