We are excited to publish the next release of ON24 Intelligence and ON24 Connect
- Enhancements to ON24 Webcast Intelligence Report: After the end of a webinar, use the Group Chat detail report to see moderator deleted chat messages.
- Enhancements to ON24 Go Live Intelligence Report: Optimize programming with audience participation insights including average session viewing time, total minutes viewed and attended, and a timeline of entry and exit times.
- Updated Marketo for UTMs: By mapping UTM data captured through ON24 registration to both ON24 attendee custom objects and new user creation, you can assess the efficacy of your campaigns and pinpoint optimal strategies for increasing traffic.
- Marketo "tags" to ON24Attendee: Up to 10 ON24 event tags can be mapped into a field in the ON24 Attendee custom object in Marketo for greater data sharing and improved tracking between platforms.
- REST API Attendee endpoint: The REST API Attendee endpoints will now return the total number of survey questions responded to for a given event to give you greater access to event data.
View ‘deleted’ messages in Group Chat report
In the Webcast Intelligence Report, we are now including chat messages that have been deleted by a moderator in the Group Chat detail report. (To view the Group Chat detail report, click on Interactions, then go to the More tab. Click on View Details in the Group Chat box to open the detail report). Messages that were deleted from view during the event will be included in the detail report, but they will show “Deleted by <user>” before the message text in the Message column. <User> will display the username of the person who deleted that message.
View engagement times in the Go Live Intelligence Report
We have added several engagement time metrics to the event reporting in the Go Live Intelligence Report so that you can more easily see where to optimize your live event programming. New engagement time metrics have been added to the following pages.
Dashboard – In both the Live Performance section and the Replay Performance section, you can find the Average Minutes Viewed. This is the average number of minutes per attendee spent viewing sessions during the Live event and Replay viewing.
Sessions – In the Sessions data table, we added a Total Engagement Time column, which displays the total amount of time all attendees spent viewing each session.
Session Dashboard – The new Summary section at the top of each session detail Dashboard page shows the number of attendees, total time those attendees spent viewing the session, and the average amount of time each attendee spent viewing the session. The session detail Dashboard page also now includes an Attendance Timeline chart that shows when the attendees of the session joined and left the session. In addition, the audience table at the bottom of the page now includes a Minutes Attended column, which shows how many minutes each of the attendees viewed this session.
Marketo updates for UTM
The Marketo integration service has been updated to allow mapping UTM data captured through ON24 registration to be mapped to both the ON24 Attendee custom objects, as well as when new people are created. UTM data is appended to the ON24 audience URL and captured along with user submitted registrant data. The UTM parameters help identify the source, medium, campaign, and content from the registrants coming to ON24 experiences.
Marketo "tags" to ON24Attendee options
The Marketo integration service has been updated to allow mapping ON24 event tags into a field in the ON24 Attendee custom object for greater data sharing and improved tracking between platforms. Up to 10 tags are supported per ON24 event, and the Marketo integration service will pass over the tags as a comma separated list into the custom object if the appropriate eventtags field is added to the custom object.
API – Add answeredsurveyquestions to attendee responses
The REST API Attendee endpoints will now return the total number of survey questions responded to for a given event to give you greater access to event data. Previously there was only a value indicating how many surveys were responded to, but the new answeredsurveyquestions will give the count for actual questions responded to.
- Fix to return the campaign code for Engagement Hub and Target events in the Event API endpoint response.