In this April 2022 Release, we’re excited to bring you a new event solution called ON24 Forums! In addition, we’ve created new ways to personalize user experiences with company logos and expanded capabilities for features you know and love such as breakout rooms, surveys, take-action, and earn certifications tools.
APRIL 2022 RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS
In this April 2022 Release, we’re excited to bring you a new event solution called ON24 Forums! In addition, we’ve created new ways to personalize user experiences with company logos and expanded capabilities for features you know and love such as breakout rooms, surveys, take-action and earn certifications tools. We are pleased to release a new way to record and edit simulive webcasts in-app and have made enhancements to your chat experience. We have also expanded Intelligence reports, delivered a new HubSpot App release, enhanced API functionality, and more. Here are a few highlights:
Personalized & Ongoing Engagement
- ON24 Forums is a new live experience solution that delivers high-touch interactive, moderated discussions that maximizes audience participation.
- Customize Surveys: Personalize and create more compelling surveys with customized background images with just a few clicks to give your surveys a more branded and polished feel.
- Personalize ON24 Experiences with your prospects Company Logo: You can now automatically personalize Target, Engagement Hub, or Elite consoles for specific users with dynamic logo display. Based upon an IP address or email address, you can display the user’s company logo alongside your logo.
- Earn Certification Tool: Attendees can now pass a certification and download it during the event from the audience console to enable your audience to take the certificate and post and display it proudly.
Elegant User Experience
- Breakout Room Enhancements: Configure the display of names, recording of breakout sessions, and engagement tools on mobile devices.
- Attendee Chat Improvements: Offer your attendees new ways to communicate with you and other participants with new message reactions, emojis, private messages, and moderation capabilities such as deleting messages and blocking private messages.
- New Simulive Creation Tool: Record and edit audio and then match your media to storyboard timings to create the perfect simulive webinar.
- Elite Studio Now Available on Tablet: You can now use Elite Studio on a tablet to present a live or simulive webcast, giving you the flexibility to use your favorite device.
- Beta: Elite UI: We are excited to announce the beta release of the next generation ON24 Webcast Elite Admin. This new modernized admin features lightweight setup options and scalable and flexible event creation workflows.
Actionable and Flexible Data
- Additions to the Webcast Intelligence Report: We’ve made it easier to access the data you need and to share it with others. With Report Access Permissions, you can share your report with external teams without needing to provide ON24 logins. You can also easily grant and remove access to specific users.
- Detailed Benchmarking Data: We’ve added detailed benchmark data to the charts on the Benchmarking Report so you can easily compare your webinar performance with others in your sector and industry.
- New Go Live Reports: We have built a set of reports to provide all the necessary details about the sessions in your events that have received the most attendee interaction and details on who attended those sessions.
- Expanded Engagement Hub Reporting: If you include Conversion Tools or use our integration with Drift to provide a live chat experience in your Engagement Hub, you can now see detailed reporting on the effectiveness of each of these tools.
Expanded Support for Integrations
- API Enhancements: We have enhanced our API with new capabilities, including adding slide decks for webinars, support for unified seamless registration for Go Live, and enabling/disabling registration for webinars.
- New Marketo Field Mapping: We’ve introduced a “Create New People” feature in the ON24 Connect Marketo Integration service to allow custom field mapping for ON24 registrant data and Marketo person fields.
- Improved HubSpot App: Timeline Events and a new ON24 Custom Object are now supported in the ON24 Connect for HubSpot App. These objects significantly enhance the amount of ON24 engagement and conversion data available in HubSpot to drive workflows, sequences, lists and cross-object reports.
- Access to Go Live Data: Go Live registrant and attendee activity is now available across all ON24 integrations solutions.
We are excited to introduce ON24 Forums, a new event solution for sales and marketing. Now you can deliver engaging, high-touch interactive experiences that drive moderated discussions and deepen audience participation. Using Forums, an organization can readily bring together high-value attendees for face-to-face, two-way video group presentations. The addition of Forums to the ON24 platform gives our customers another valuable toolset for creating and scaling fully-branded, custom digital experiences that capture rich first-person insights.
In these release notes, we highlight:
- Attendee Workflow
- Presenter Workflow
Note: ON24 Forums is offered at an additional cost. Contact your Account Manager for more information.
FORUMS ATTENDEE WORKFLOW
When logging into the forum, attendees are presented with a connection panel to connect their webcam and mic.
Forums features a branded interface that accommodates up to 50 video participants and 200 additional audio participants. Each participant will see his/her video in the upper-left panel, while the other video panels display the participants that are speaking.
List of participants
Click the people icon to display a configurable list of presenters and attendees.
Participants can raise a hand
A forum participant can raise a hand by clicking the small hand button. To lower the hand, click the same button again. When a participant raises a hand, the border will momentarily flash yellow and a yellow hand icon will appear in the panel for that participant. Also, the raise-hand count will increase by one.
FORUMS PRESENTER WORKFLOW
Starting and leading a forum session
A forum must have at least one presenter, and all presenters join the session in Elite Studio. Upon joining before starting the forum, all presenters will be in a private video conference. A presenter begins the forum by clicking the Start Forum button in Elite Studio. Starting the forum will admit all attendees into the video session and start the recording.
A presenter has several options that are accessible by hovering over a participant name and clicking the ellipsis. For example, click Lower Hand to cancel the raised hand from that participant. There are options to disable participant microphones and cameras. Screensharing is also available.
Customize View in Elite Studio
You can resize the columns and move the video window to the right column to create a personalized view.
To create a new forum, click the new Forums link at the top of the admin page. Then select the + Create a Forum button and type in a Forum Title.
Number of participants
For large forums, it’s easy to set the balance between the number of video and audio-only participants. You can also specify that the presenters will connect with a camera and all other participants will join as listen only.
This section outlines enhancements to the audience experience. New enhancements include:
- Apply a background image to a survey
Personalize a company logo
Take Action tool
Earn Certification Tool
Modern Attendee Chat
Detail explanations for each are given below. We also include a summary of other enhancements and fixes that are part of this release.
Apply a background image to a survey
It is now possible to add a background image to a survey. Click the small gear (settings) icon in the Take Survey panel, then choose Configuration.
On the left of the popup window, choose Styling and then choose your background image. Another option is to upload the background image from your file system (see the highlighted choice in the figure below).
Notice the settings on the right side of the popup window.
Normal mode leaves the image as is; Dark mode darkens the image.
The Show questions on cards toggle is either ON or OFF:
- Set to ON — envelops text in white boxes to present a contrast with the text so that it is clearly legible. The background image appears around the edges of these white boxes.
Set to OFF — Overlays questions directly onto the background image, so that much of the image appears on the survey card.
Depending on the background image selected, the text may be difficult read due to insufficient color contrast. If this is the case with the image you select, experiment with the various options above to find the best result.
Note: The personalized option is a beta feature. Submit a technical support request or contact your Customer Success Manager if you want to give it a try.
For the Image tool, there is another option available for the image type. In addition to Custom, you can choose Personalized. Custom is the same as before, in which you simply choose an image that all attendees will see.
Choose the Personalized image type to have the system automatically identify the company logo for each attendee and present that company logo in the Image tool.
To configure this option, click on the small gear icon for the Image tool and choose Configuration.
In the popup, choose Personalized and then click Save.
During the webinar, each attendee will see the company logo that matches either their registration email address or IP address.
Note: If the system cannot determine what logo to use, no logo will appear.
Take Action tool
Updates to this tool include more control over formatting of text, the ability to add hyperlinks, and a new button action that closes the tool down into the menu dock. To configure these settings, click on the small gear icon for the Take Action tool and choose Configuration.
In the popup, click the Fixed Destination drop-down to see that Close Tool is now available in the list. Choose this option if you want to close the tool to the menu dock when a participant clicks the button.
Scroll down in the configuration popup window to see the new Text section. Here, you’ll find a small editor—which now has an 800-character capacity. You can change the font, color, and alignment. Also, you can add a bullet-list and create a hyperlink within the text.
A number of enhancements to this feature:
- Participants can raise a hand
- Configure the display of names
- Recording of breakout sessions
- Engagement tools on mobile devices
Participants can raise a hand
An attendee can raise a hand in a breakout session by clicking the small hand button. To lower the hand, click the same button again.
When a participant raises a hand, the border will momentarily flash yellow and a yellow hand icon will appear in the panel for that participant. Also, the raise-hand count will increment by one.
To see a complete list of each participant who has raised a hand, click the counter button to display the participant list.
A moderator has several additional abilities that are accessible by hovering over a participant name and clicking the ellipsis. Click Lower Hand to cancel the raised hand from that participant.
Increase breakout room to full screen
To maximize the size of the breakout room, click the small icon in the extreme upper-right corner of the screen. To return to the default size, click the X button or press the Escape key.
Participant name display
In the Breakout tool panel click the small gear icon and then choose Configuration.
Locate the breakout room that you want to configure and click the pencil button.
Scroll down in the settings popup to the Participant Name Display section:
There are three options. Below we present examples of how each option appears. Pay attention to the name text in the lower-left corner of the images.
Note: We had to temporarily disable the option for mobile users to join as Anonymous in ON24 Forums and ON24 Breakout experiences. Mobile users will need to join with First Name and Last Name or First Name and Last Initial unless “Anonymous” was selected as a setting during configuration. There is no impact on desktop users. Please stay tuned for upcoming release details for when this feature returns.
First name and Last Name
First Name and Last Initial
Anonymous — The anonymous name label will read as “Participant XXXX”.
Breakout room recording
In the Breakout tool panel, click the small gear icon and then choose Configuration.
Locate the breakout room you want to configure and click the pencil button.
In the settings popup, scroll down to the Include Moderator section and locate two new settings:
- Allow moderator to record the room — must be ON to allow the moderator to record the room. If it is OFF, no recording menu will appear when joining the session.
- Users cannot join the room until they consent to being recorded — If the moderator insists on participant consent, the participant cannot enter the breakout room unless s/he checks the box to indicate consent.
When joining the breakout session, the participant cannot enter the breakout room unless s/he checks the box to indicate consent.
There is no automatic recording, so the moderator will need to explicitly start the recording and stop the recording.
When the moderator begins recording, all breakout room participants will see a status message at the top of the window.
The moderator may choose to enable recording but set the consent toggle to OFF.
If the consent toggle is OFF, a participant will not see a check box as a precondition for joining the breakout session.
When the moderator begins the recording, an alert message will appear at the top of the breakout window.
In the Admin app, breakout room recordings may be found in the Archive. Click the drop-down arrow to view a list of recordings. For a specific recording, you can click one of the Action buttons to view, download, or delete the recording.
Note: Only Webcast Elite administrators have access to these recordings. Admins can decide on whether to download and share the video files with others.
Engagement tools on mobile devices
In the breakout room configuration settings, you can check boxes to enable various engagement tools.
Here is an example of the engagement tools that are available in a breakout session for a mobile phone attendee.
If a certificate has been configured and an attendee earns the certificate, the attendee will see a button by which they can view and download their certificate.
Earn Certification Tool
When creating a console template that includes the Earn Certification tool—and subsequently applying that template to your console—the various configuration settings that were defined in the Earn Certification tool will copy over. Previously, it was necessary to configure it from scratch.
We are overhauling the Attendee Chat tool to deliver a more modern chat tool. In this section, we provide a summary overview of the major features.
Unlimited chat participantsPreviously, a maximum of 900 participants could communicate in an attendee chat. There is no longer any limitation to the number of participants within the chat feature.
ReactionsClick the small smile icon next to a message to display a popup in which you can choose a reaction icon.
Tiny icons will appear above any messages for which there is a reaction.
EmojisA chat participant can also choose from a large variety of emojis. Simply click the smile icon next to the message field and then choose the emoji.
The emojis will appear in the chat transcript.
Reply to a specific messageWith this feature, you can reply to a specific message so that chat participants can easily know the context for the reply. Hover over the message and click on the small double-arrow icon.
A Thread overlay window will appear. Enter a reply message and notice both the reply indicator and the reply message.
Back in the Main Chat window, participants can click on the reply link to view and make replies in the thread.
Private messagesClick the Attendees tab at the bottom of the chat window, locate the attendee, and then click the caption bubble icon.
The view switches to the Direct Chat tab, in which you can send one or more messages to the recipient (Paul Presenter in this example).
The recipient will receive an alert indicator in the Direct Chat tab of the Attendee Chat panel. A private chat can now take place in this tab.
Blocking private messagesAs an admin, you can prohibit attendees from conducting private chats. Navigate to consolebuilder and click Configure in the settings menu.
Uncheck the box for Attendees can initiate a private chat with other users.
A presenter now has the ability to delete a specific message from Elite Studio. Simply open the Attendee Chat window hover over the (…) next to the message and choose delete
Other enhancements and fixes
New Simulive Creation ToolThe new simulive creation tool offers an efficient workflow to record and edit audio and then match your media to storyboard timings. If you prefer to use video presenter media, you can upload a .mp4 presenter video file and match to the storyboard timings to the presenter video.
- Record audio from a USB mic
- Edit the audio (cut, trim, create and move regions on the timeline)
- Overdub audio
- Record as a team (up to 10)
- Upload video presenter media
- Set storyboard timings
NOTE: This feature will be gradually rolled out to clients starting in May 2022. If it has not yet been enabled on your account, and you are eager to use it, submit a technical support request or contact your Customer Success Manager.
Screenshot of the new simulive creation tool
Elite Studio Now Available on TabletYou can now use Elite Studio on a tablet to present a live or simulive webcast. There are two main views for Elite Studio on tablet. The simple view provides controls for navigating through the slide deck and an additional view to access all the Elite Studio functionality, including the media play, chat and Q&A.
Tablet View with Right Panel Open
Ability to Center and Minimize Engagement Tools
In addition to the existing option to center an engagement tool you can now also minimize an engagement tool that has been centered. For example, if you want to center a Take Action tool and then minimize it after a certain amount of time.
BETA: Elite Admin Modernized UI
The ON24 Team is excited to announce the beta release of the next generation ON24 Webcast Elite Admin. This new modernized admin, features lightweight setup options and scalable and flexible event creation workflows. New updates include:
- A clean and modern new design
- Improved event creation workflows
- New field, dropdown and date-selection components
- Streamlined slides and video uploader tool
- Improved email reminders
- Rebuilt Registration pages with WYSIWYG settings
Create New Page
The Create New page features new icons and field selectors, for easy event selection and creation:
The Overview page features a cleaner card-based design and allows for easy admin flows to update and edit event details.
The slides and video uploaders have also been added to the Overview page, for quicker updates and now supports simultaneous file uploads, using drag and drop or file selections.
Email Reminders have also been added to the Overview page, to speed up the event creation process. Features a cleaner and easier to use email reminder interface.
Features new WYSIWYG functionality and easy to use Registration field addition and management.