We are excited to publish the next release of ON24 Webcast Elite and ON24 Forums.
ON24 Webcast Elite:
- New Hybrid In-Person and Virtual Attendee Workflows: Create a hybrid event that brings your virtual and in person audiences together and gives you the flexibility to create separate workflows, capacity limits and communications.
- New Lower Third Banners: Add custom text to the lower third of the video media player window during a live webinar to identify speakers or introduce new sections of your presentation. (Note: this feature will be rolled out to workspaces over the next few weeks).
ON24 Webcast Elite and ON24 Forums:
• “Add-to-calendar” Invitation: Automatically send the webinar confirmation as a calendar invitation after an attendee registers to help increase your webinar registration-to-attendee conversion rate.
ON24 Webcast Elite
New Hybrid In-Person and Virtual Flow
We are excited to release new Hybrid functionality for ON24 Webcast Elite.
These enhancements will help you create a hybrid event with the flexibility to build separate workflows and communication for virtual and in-person audiences.
Hybrid Feature Improvements
The default Hybrid setting is OFF to create a regular online/virtual event.
Hybrid Venue Fields
When the Hybrid setting is ON you will see new Venue Name and Venue Address fields on the Create New and Overview pages. You can easily add venue details in one place.
Hybrid Registration Attendee Type Field
On the Registration page, you will see a new Hybrid Registration field for Attendee Type for In-Person and Virtual attendees. This will enable you to see a breakdown in attendance by type so you can more accurately plan for and support in-person attendance.
Venue Name and Venue Address are now displayed on the Registration page. This enables registrants to decide if they want to attend in person or virtually before they register for your event.
Add Venue Name and Venue Address to confirmation and reminder emails to provide in-person attendees with the onsite event details
Set separate capacity limits for both In-Person and Virtual events to ensure that you are able to accommodate all in-person attendees. If in-person capacity has been reached, you can encourage attendees to attend virtually.
A new Attendee Type column will display on the Manage Registration Page. This helps you to see if the attendee registered as virtual or in-person.
Registration Calendar Invites
Add calendar invitations from the Overview page for both ON24 Webcast Elite and ON24 Forums events. Upon registration, an event invitation will automatically be sent to attendees’ calendars. This will help you to drive attendance and improve attendance-to-registration goals.
Depending on your user’s email client, the functionality of adding the Calendar Invite to the user’s client might differ.
For new events:
- Calendar Invite defaults to OFF
- You will need to toggle this ON to use this feature
For existing events, both in the past and in the future:
- Calendar Invite row will display but the toggle will default to OFF
- Saved Create a Copy templates will display the Calendar Invite row but default to OFF
- New Create a Copy templates will preserve the Calendar Invite setting
For existing on-demand events:
- Calendar Invite row will display but the toggle will default to OFF
- No Calendar Invite is sent on on-demand registration
Note: If you would like the Confirmation Email Calendar Invite toggle to default to ON for all your account events, please reach out to Customer Support to enable.
Login Forgot Password and Forgot Username
It is now easier and faster to reset your password and retrieve your username. You can now select the log-in credential that you are missing in one place.
Updated Modern Email Designs
The new Modern Email layout designs now feature a default background in the header of your email. This will help you to highlight your event title and date/time.
By default, the background is black with white text. This can easily be updated in the email editor.
Lower Third Banners
Add a custom banner with text to the lower third of the video media player window during a live video event in ON24 Webcast Elite. Banners are a great way to identify speakers or introduce new sections of your presentation.
Before or during the live video event you can create a set of custom banners and then use the Lower Third Banners window in Elite Studio to push the banners to the audience during the live video event.
Note: Lower Third Banners only work in live video events or the live portion of the Sim-2-live video event. If you want to display banners in a Simu-live or on-demand video event, you can copy or import the media from an archive of a live video event that has banners. Lower Third Banners will be supported in Forums in a future release.
Lower Third Banner displayed in the audience console
Lower Third Banner displayed in Elite Studio
Creating Your Banners
To create your banners, follow these steps:
- Visit the Setup section of Elite Studio and click on the Lower Third banner creation tab on the left side navigation.
- From there, create a new banner and click on the banner text to bring up the customization window.
- The customization window will allow you to type in the banner text with font styling and choose a banner color. You can create multiple banners for an event.
Note: All banners you create will be included when you create a copy of the event.
Displaying Your Banners:
One you start the live video event you will have the option to Push any of the banners to display in the lower third of the video media player. Follow these steps:
- Open the Lower Third Banner window in Elite Studio and click on Push when you want to display the banner.
- You can then click on Remove to remove the banner. Or you can push a new banner to replace the existing banner.
Note: The Lower Third Banners feature will be rolled out along with improvements to responsive behavior, as announced in the December release.
Enhancements to Audio-Only Events
We have made enhancements to the presenter workflow to enable you to run an audio-only event with all presenters either on the phone or their PC microphone.
When the Media Player is set to Audio Only, the connection panel in Elite Studio will only offer options for your presenters to connect their phone or PC Mic.
You will notice that the video media player is still available in Elite Studio even though it is an audio-only event. The media player is there in case you are presenting a video clip or screenshare during your event. In that case, you can use the media player window in Elite Studio to view the video or screenshare
- Due to lack of demand, the Capture Clip option in Elite Studio will be removed from the platform. As a workaround, you can use any screen capture tool to create your .mp4 video and upload it into the system.
- On-demand webinars were not loading correctly in Engagement Hubs configured to have a custom domain ending in something other than .com.
- When running on-demand events that included a Take Action tool that was set to seamlessly register attendees for another event, the first and last name of attendees were not captured correctly in the reporting of the second event.
- Automated Attendance Checks (AACs) were not launched for sim2live events with the Certification tool configured to have AACs. This only happened when the sim2live event was created by making a copy of another live event.