This article was written to help you decide if you should use the ON24 or external registration form.
ON24 REGISTRATION FORMS
Using ON24 or external registration is a matter of preference. Below are some considerations to help you decide if you should use the ON24 or external registration form.
- EASE OF USE
- Data is captured directly within ON24. Thus, there is no need to send the registration data from your external system to ON24 because we already have it.
- Create only one registration form per event. No need to create the corresponding external form. This decreases manual efforts and helps drive optimization from an integration standpoint.
- Less field configuration is needed when you use ON24 forms. You don't have to map fields between systems. You don’t have to be concerned with custom registration field consistency.
- LESS POINT OF FAILURES - Troubleshooting is much simpler without the extra layer of external registration. If the external registration form isn't setup correctly, then data won’t pass over to ON24. Time will be required to review the setup to identify the root cause.
- MULTI-REGISTRATION EVENTS - ON24 and external registration supports multi-registration events. Though, it is recommended to use ON24 registration forms because it doesn’t require extra coding.
- RECURRING SIMU-LIVE EVENTS - If you use recurring simu-live events, then ON24 registration is required as it is not supported by external registration.
- WORKFLOW - The workflow may not be customizable for your specific business requirements.
EXTERNAL REGISTRATION FORMS
- CONTROL - You can have full control the registration process in your external system.
- BRANDING - If you don’t want your registrants to see the ON24 branded registration emails and lobby page, then use external registration.
- EXTRA FEATURES AND CUSTOMIZATION - External registration forms may have extra features and offer customization that are not supported in ON24 registration form, such as auto generated drop-drown menus.
- EMBEDDED FORMS - Use external registration if you want to embed the registration form in your website for your Elite events.
- FAMILIARITY You may be more comfortable using external registration forms, especially if you’ve been using it for many years.
RETRY POLICIES - If you use external registration and send ON24 registration data, include retry policies as part of your process. During scheduled server maintenace windows (i.e., Datacenter Failback), we will not be able to accept data. Furthermore, Platform or Event changes made during this time will not be saved and connectivity may be interrupted. We recommend you not schedule any events or activity during this timeframe. To receive the upcoming maintenance schedule, press the "Subscribe To Updates" button here. Please note that ON24 has already included retry policies for your data integrations when sending data from ON24 to your end system.