We are excited to be releasing new features and functionality to ON24 Go Live on November 17th.
NOVEMBER 2022 RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS
In this release, we’re excited to bring you the latest innovations for ON24 Go Live with new enhancements for the audience experience and tools to make it easier for admins to deliver an engaging experience.
- Enhanced Chat Support During an Event: You can now participate in a chat before and/or after an event.
- Enhanced Presentation of Speaker Information: You can have extended speaker titles and bios.
- Enhanced General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): You can use the Cookie Consent Banner option to support GDPR requirements by allowing registrants to manage their cookie preferences.
PRE-EVENT & POST-EVENT CHAT
This release includes the ability for attendees to participate in chat activities before and/or after an event takes place. This capability provides a mechanism so that organizers can connect and drive engagement with potential attendees prior to an event’s first live day, registrants can network prior to the start of an actual event, and creates a communication channel after the live portion of an event has concluded.
When enabled, event-level chat will be available for all attendees to participate in at any time prior to an event’s scheduled start day/time or after the scheduled conclusion of a live event (until the replay is scheduled to expire). By extending the window of opportunity for additional event-related touch points, this release increases ON24 Go Live’s ability to now drive attendee engagement before, during, and post-event.
Steps for Pre and/or Post-Event Chat:
- To configure pre and/or post-event chat, an admin simply needs to enable/disable the applicable toggle(s) in the Features panel of the Overview page.
- Visitors will then have access to the chat panel when viewing the Agenda page (before an event) or the Replay page (after an event).
Pre and Post-Event Chat Toggles
Pre-Event Chat Panel
SPEAKER DETAIL IMPROVEMENTS
This release includes two enhancements to the presentation of speaker information, including:
- Support for longer speaker titles, up to 100 characters
- Support for extended speaker bios, up to 4,000 characters
These enhancements improve the display of speaker information and offer attendees more detail when choosing the sessions to focus on during an event.
Long Description of Speaker Information
COOKIE CONSENT MANAGEMENT
Cookie consent capabilities are now available in ON24 Go Live. This will enable registrants to manage their own cookie consent and associated preferences for Go Live events. This capability helps event organizers support the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) cookie requirements if they chose to use the capability.
To enable cookie consent management, simply turn on the ‘Cookie Consent’ toggle in the Features panel of the Overview page. On participants' first visit to any ON24 Go Live event page, they will see a cookie banner with the appropriate controls for accepting / rejecting cookies. Additionally, users will have access to privacy preferences center to change their cookie consent preferences at any time over the course of an event.
Cookie Consent Toggle
Cookie Consent Banner
Privacy Preference Center
- Live Day Date / Time Error: A fix was applied to address scenarios where invalid live day date and times can occur.
- Session Title Alignment: A fix was applied to address improper left alignment of session titles.
- Inactive Register / Login buttons: A fix was applied to address inactive buttons when external registration pages are used.
- 500 Error in Manage Registration: A fix was applied to address errors resulting from the display of long values