The prospect engagement profile (PEP) will appear as a component on the lead and contact page layouts. These profiles are matched to the lead or contact using email address.
What is the ON24 Connector App for Salesforce?
ON24 Connect offers the ability to harness the power of webinar engagement and analytics through a connector with Salesforce. The ON24 Connector App for Salesforce is a native application that synchronizes activity on the ON24 Platform to Contact and Lead records in Salesforce. By embedding the ON24 Prospect Engagement Profile (PEP) in Salesforce your sales team has quick and easy access to the activities a prospect has performed on the ON24 Platform. This connector puts the power of webinar analytics directly into the hands of your sales team.
What do you need to get started?
- The installation package for the ON24 Connector App
- ON24 API Access Token credentials
Step 1: Package Installation
- Access the installation package at: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t0o000002skG5
- Enter the installation key: on24Connector
- Select 'Install for Admins Only' or Select Specific Profiles that will act as Admin
- Check the Non-Salesforce Application acknowledgment checkbox
- Click the 'Install' (or, if applicable, 'Upgrade') button
An email will be sent when the installation is complete.
Package Installation Page
Step 2: Obtain the ON24 API Access Token Credentials
- Go to Elite > Analytics > API Dashboard to generate API credentials. See ON24 REST API for more information on generating API credentials. Contact Support if the API Dashboard is not visible.
Step 3: Modify user time zone to Pacific Time
- The user setting up and configuring the app will need to make sure their time zone is set to Pacific time during the setup. After setup and configuration, the time zone can be adjusted back to what it originally was.
Salesforce Admin User Details
Step 4: ON24 Connector App Configuration
- Select 'ON24 Connector App' from the App Menu (Salesforce Classic) or App Launcher (Lightning Experience)
- Enter the Access Token Key, Access Token Secret, and Client Id. See the previous step for obtaining these values.
- Select the Synch. Frequency. The default value is Every 24 Hours.
- Leave Create New Leads unchecked
- Click Start Job to enable the synch process
- If desired, a one-time synch of historical data can be run by selecting the backfill period via the Import Historical Data for dropdown and clicking Start Job.
ON24 Connector Configuration
Step 5: Install Frames in Layouts
- On the Lead Detail page click ‘Edit Object’. From the Object Manager select ‘Page Layouts’.
- On the Lead Page,Layout add a new section and name it ‘ON24 Prospect Engagement Profile.' ON24 Prospect Engagement Profile is the recommended name, but the section can be named something else if desired.
- Add the Visualforce Page named ‘ON24PEPPage’ to the new section
- Configure the Visualforce Page Properties Height and Width to the desired size. Recommended size is a height of 450 px and Width of 100%
- Click on Save
- If there are other layouts use Quick Page Layout List to choose the next layout and add the new section and Visualforce page as detailed above.
Object Manager > Lead > Page Layouts
Lead Page Layout
- On the Contact Detail Page click 'Edit Object'. From the Object Manager select 'Page Layouts'.
- On the Contact Page Layout add a new section and name it 'ON24 Prospect Engagement Profile' ON24 Prospect Engagement Profile is the recommended name, but the section can be named something else, if desired.
- Add the Visualforce Page named ‘ON24PEPPageContact’ to the new section
- Configure the Visualforce Page Properties Height and Width to the desired size. Recommended size is height of 450 px and Width of 100%
- Click on Save
- If there are other layouts use Quick Page Layout List to choose the next layout and add the new section and Visualforce Page as detailed above.
Step 6: Assign Permissions
Since the installation performed in Step 1 was done for admins only, permission will need to be given to non-admin profiles in order for other users to view the ON24PEPPage and ON24PEPPageContact.
- Go to Setup > Visualforce Pages
- Find ON24PEPPage and ON24PEPPageContact
- Click on the 'Security' link for each Visualforce Page and add the appropriate profiles by moving each profile from ‘Available Profiles’ to ‘Enabled Profiles’. Click on Save.
Enabling Profile Access
Step 7: CSP Trusted Sites
You must log in as a Salesforce System Administrator to create the CSP, adding the ON24 URLs to Salesforce. This step needs to be performed to allow the Salesforce Server to see the deployment.
- Click on Setup
- Search for CSP Trusted Sites
- Click on the New Trusted Site button, and create a new record that looks like the screenshot below. Please make sure this configuration is in place.
Salesforce Trusted Site
Viewing the Prospect Engagement Profile
Once you complete the set up of the ON24 Connector App, and the initial sync of data has occurred, the Prospect Engagement Profile will be available in Leads and Contacts.
Prospect Engagement Profile
Note: The Salesforce PEP app does not support customers using the ON24 EU Data Center.