Summary of how the Microsoft Dynamics for Marketing tool works
- Diagram - Please download the attached diagram at the bottom of this article to understand how the Microsoft Dynamics for Marketing tool works.
- You will create events in Dynamics 365 for Marketing. You will not create an event in Elite. If you try to create an event in Elite, the data integration won't work.
- The Microsoft tool will automatically build the ON24 event, which will be an msevtmgt_event record. The ON24 event will have limited information, such as the event title, presentation type (i.e., simu-live and on-demand), date, and time.
- When a person registers, an event registrant file will be created, which will be an msevtmgt_eventregistration record. As a result, you'll be able to see the list of registrants for a given event id.
- When an event ends, Dynamics 365 for Marketing will make an attendee endpoint call to pull the attendee data from ON24. The attendees will go into the Dynamics 365 for Marketing check in file. As a result, an msevtmgt_checkin record will be created. The attendee's first name, last name, and email address will appear. No engagement data will be provided, such as survey and poll answers. If you want this data, then you need to move forward with Option #2.