We are excited to be releasing new features and functionality to ON24 Go Live on April 7th.
APRIL 2022 RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS
It is exciting for us to publish the next release of ON24 Go Live, an easy-to-use virtual event solution for single or multi-day events. The new features in this release will enhance the presenter experience and improve presenter/audience engagement.
In these Release Notes, we highlight the new admin and presenter/audience features that are part of this release of ON24 Go Live. Here are highlights of the release enhancements, with more details below.
- In addition to creating keynotes and breakout sessions, Go Live now offers support for Elite webinars.
- Add additional branding elements to your Go Live events including applying colors to graphical elements, and updating typeface fonts
- Create a new Go Live event by copying an existing or previous event.
- When setting the time for an event, users can now precisely choose both the hour and the minute—for the start time, end time, and duration.
- Warning about unsaved session changes. If the admin user clicks the Back button and any unsaved changes have been made, a popup window will appear to warn the user that leaving will result in the loss of the unsaved changes.
- Large character count limits are now in effect for bios, sponsors, registrations descriptions and more.
- Presenters control the session start by selecting the “Start a session” button
- Green Room Enhancement – Presenters can test and use Screen Share in the Green Room
- Chat feature updates include chat navigation tabs, addition of a show/hide toggle button in the toolbar to hide the chat sidebar and ability to close direct chats.
We also include a summary of bug fixes and other important remedies that are part of this release.
Elite Webinar Support
Go Live now offers support for Elite webinars. When creating a new session in Go Live, scroll down to Session Type and choose Elite Webinar.
New Branding Elements
There are several new sections in the Branding tab:
- Font Type
- Decorative Elements
Choose the color to apply to decorative elements, highlighted locations, and action buttons.
You can choose a different typeface for each of the two typefaces that are in use throughout Go Live:
- First Typeface — used in body text, supporting text, and navigation.
- Second Typeface — used for page headers and titles.
To personalize your pages, you can add subtle decorative elements that exhibit a lighter hue of the Color. Choose from among a selection of SVG images.
Here is an example of how decorative elements appear in a presenter list.
Copy an event
This release adds the ability to copy an existing or previous event. When copying an event, you choose a new event start date and all other event details are copied to the new event.
Update to the Time Picker
Improvements have been made to the time picker functionality. An admin user can now precisely choose both the hour and the minute—for the start time, end time, and duration.
Warning about unsaved session changes
Previously, an admin user may lose changes to a session upon clicking the Back button. If the admin user clicks the Back button and any unsaved changes have been made, a popup window will appear to warn the user that leaving will result in the loss of the unsaved changes.
Increase in character limits
To provide more space for descriptions, large character count limits are now in effect for:
- Registration description — 10,000 characters maximum
- Speaker bio — 2,000 characters maximum
Here are the new character count limits for various fields in the Go Live Admin app:
- Registration Event Description — 10,000 characters maximum
- Location Description, main and sponsor locations — 2,000 characters maximum
- Sponsor Description — 2,000 characters maximum
- Email Notification body — no limit
Start a session
With this new release, a presenter must manually start a session. This can be done at the start time or delayed until the presenter is ready.
Chat feature updates
There have been two significant changes to the Chat feature:
- The navigation tabs always appear at the bottom-right.
Click the show/hide toggle button in the toolbar to hide the chat sidebar.
Click the toggle button again to show the Chat/Polls sidebar.
The Direct Chat feature now contains a small X button.
Clicking the X button closes the direct chat and displays all direct chats for that participant.
Toggle display window size
A small button is now available to change the display window size in the Chat/Poll feature.
Green Room — Sharing a computer screen
A Green Room participant can now share the local computer screen.
Bug fixes and other important remedies
Here is a summary list of bug fixes and other important remedies that are part of this release.
- Fixes for video and audio playback issues
- Fixes for the validation of URL entries