Polls are a great way to capture the voice of the audience. Not only do they provide important information about attendee interests, but they also enable the audience to compare their own experiences with those of their peers attending the webinar. Poll questions are created in Elite Studio, can be used for all present types, and are available during on-demand viewing.
Things to Know
- Polls pushed during the lobby period will not capture results in the ON24 reporting.
- Once a webcast is completed, poll questions should not be edited or deleted. Doing so will remove the poll results from the ON24 report.
There are five types of polls that can be created:
- Multi-Choice Single Answer - allows viewers to select a single answer from a multiple-choice list
- Multi-Choice Multiple Answer - allows viewers to select a multiple answers from a multiple-choice list
- Single Answer - allows viewers to check a single checkbox to confirm they are engaged in the event
- Free Text - allows viewers to enter a text response
- NPS Rating - a customer satisfaction metric based on responses to questions like "How likely is it that you would recommend X?"
To begin, open the Present URL of your webinar and log in as a Producer. Open the Menu and select Setup.
Under the Polls tab in the Setup window click the Add Poll button to create a poll.
Poll questions are limited to 1,200 characters, including spaces. Answers to multiple-choice questions are limited to 256 characters.
Polls can be configured for display in the Slide Window or in a Popup Window.
If a Popup Window is chosen choose a Duration from the dropdown.
- If set to Off the pop-up poll question will appear on the audience console until it is either responded to or dismissed/closed by attendees.
- Or choose an amount of time the popup window will display and be available for the attendee to respond to the poll.
Click on Poll Styling to choose the color of the question text, answer text, and answer background.
Use the color picker or enter a Hex Value. This will set the colors for all poll questions in this event.
Click Image to add a background image to your poll questions.
- Image Size - between 360x360px and 2048x2048px
- File Type - JPEG, JPG, PNG, BMP
Once the image has been added, choose if the question is shown on the card, light or dark mode, and card opacity.
When copying an event, poll styling will copy over.
When a Multi-Choice Single Answer or Multi-Choice Multiple Answer poll is created, a Poll Question element (blue) and a Poll Results element (orange) are created in the Storyboard.
These can be moved and positioned just like slides. You can hide the Poll Results element or put it at the end of your presentation and choose not to share your poll results.
Free text, Single Answer, and NPS Rating polls only have a Poll Question element. All poll responses can be viewed in the Interactions Report. To delete a Poll, click the Trash Can icon.
Sharing Poll Results
When sharing poll questions, you can see the number of attendees that have responded by hovering over the poll question in the Live View while it is being shared.
You can see the poll results as they come in real-time by using the Preview window either when:
- The Poll Results element immediately follows the Poll Question OR
- When the Poll Results element is selected in the Storyboard
To delete a Poll, click the trash can icon.
All poll responses can be viewed in the Interactions Report.